- Investing in a home safe is an excellent way to keep your belongings safe while you’re away from your home. The following 4 safes will keep your valuables secure at an affordable price.
- The Stalwart Digital Safe is very affordable at $99 and comes equipped with an automatic alarm after three failed attempts.
- The First Alert Safe is both fireproof and waterproof. It comes equipped with a standard combination lock and two back up keys.
- The Viking Biometric Safe comes with a fingerprint sensor that is used to unlock its pry-resistant door. It uses a deadbolt and steel locks for added safety.
- The Steelwater Fireproof Safe can withstand heat up to 1,850°F for two hours. Its weight of 143 pounds ensures that a thief won’t just walk away with it.
Some of the latest security systems come equipped with cameras, alarms, and automated dispatch services. They also come with a hefty price tag, especially if you require the additional services that security companies provide.
However, if you’re just wanting to keep your valuables safe while you’re away, you may want to look into investing in a home safe. Safes don’t require ongoing costs and they are fairly affordable. Read on to discover 4 of the best home safes to keep your belongings secure.
Stalwart Digital Safe
The Stalwart Digitial Safe will fit just about anywhere. It can easily be mounted to the floor or hung on the wall—in case you have curious children. Typically safes with keypads are a risk due to the possibility of a malfunction. However, the Stalwart also comes with two keys in case you forget your password or the keypad stops working.
One really convenient feature of the Stalwart Digitial Safe is it will automatically sound an alarm if there are three unsuccessful attempts to unlock it. This is a great deterrent if an intruder tampers with your safe. It also comes at an affordable price of $99.
First Alert Safe
If you’re more comfortable with the standard combination lock, then you may be interested in the First Alert Safe. This safe is both fireproof and waterproof. It will resist heat up to 1,700°F for a duration of one hour and its waterproof seal keeps everything dry.
It also comes with two backup keys in case you have a tough time remembering the combination. Although it isn’t equipped with an alarm to prevent tampering, its design includes guarded hinges and protection against crowbars.
Viking Biometric Safe
The Viking Biometric Safe comes with some higher technology. It offers a fingerprint sensor that will automatically time out after 10 failed attempts. It comes equipped with a deadbolt and steel locks that are pry-resistant. It also stores a max of 32 fingerprints in case you want other family members to have access.
Steelwater Fireproof Safe
The Steelwater Fireproof Safe takes it up a notch from the First Alert Safe. It can withstand heat up to 1,850°F for two hours. Not only does it contain a key lock and a standard combination, but it also requires that both be utilized in order to open its door.
The use of the combination lock allows the safe to connect two other locking bolts for an extra layer of protection. Its hefty weight of 143 pounds, prevents a thief from carrying your positions off during an escape.