Missing Woman’s DNA Found on Saw, Husband Charged With Murder

Missing Woman’s DNA Found on Saw, Husband Charged With Murder


ALBANY, Ore. – 37-year-old Tiffany Marie Lazon had been listed as a missing person since January 9, but after investigators found “bodily tissue and blood” that matched her DNA on a circular saw, they were quick to charge her husband with murder.

It seems that her husband wasn’t very careful about covering up obvious clues as to what happened.

Husband Was Already in Custody

Locating Tiffany’s husband, 42-year-old Craig Lazon, wasn’t difficult for authorities, considering that he was already in custody on charges of animal abandonment and second-degree animal neglect. The charges involved Tiffany’s pet cat.

Tiffany’s disappearance was first noted by a family member who asked the police to conduct a welfare check on January 8, since they hadn’t heard from her since Christmas. When she wasn’t found at her home, investigators asked Lazon about her whereabouts.

He told them that he didn’t know where she was, and implied that she was moving to Washington. By Tuesday, authorities still didn’t have any leads on where Tiffany might be, nor did they have any credible sightings.

Tiffany Marie Lazon has blonde hair and blue eyes, is 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighs 115 pounds and wears glasses. Police are asking for anyone who might have information to contact the Albany Police Detectives at (541) 917-7686.

Tiffany Marie Lazon

Evidence Suggests Murder

Although they still can’t find Tiffany’s body, detectives learned during the missing persons investigation that Lazon had borrowed a battery-operated circular saw from a friend, which he returned after several days.

When the Oregon State Crime Lab tested the saw, they found “bodily tissue and blood” that was a correct match with Tiffany’s DNA. This was enough to officially charge her husband with murder. Unfortunately, this wasn’t the first time that Tiffany had suffered at his hands.

In 2015, Lazon was arrested for attempting to murder his wife. He ended up being charged with attempted murder, strangulation, fourth-degree assault, two counts of second-degree assault, first-degree sodomy, first-degree rape, first-degree kidnapping and first-degree unlawful sexual penetration.

Court documents from that time state that Tiffany told police that Lazon had put her in a car and planned to drown and dump her body in the Calapooia River. However, he forgot his cell phone, and when he went inside his home to retrieve it, Tiffany was able to escape to a neighbor’s house.

The charges were eventually dismissed after a judge determined that Tiffany wasn’t a credible witness, despite Lazon having a previous meth conviction and being convicted of assaulting his wife in 2013.