Man Lure’s 14-Year-Old Boy to His Death Using Snapchat

About 5 a.m. Tuesday morning, in Bridgeport, Conn., Jose Nunez’s family woke up to find the 14-year-old missing and the front door wide open, according to Higinio Campos, who is the boy’s step-father.

A 19-year-old Connecticut man who is accused of the boy’s murder is being held in lieu of a $2 million bond after allegedly luring the teen who he had been communicating with on Snapchat from his home and killing him, police said. 

The child’s mother reported him missing at 8:55 that morning. After searching social media for clues, Campos said he told police that he believed he knew who Nunes had left home with. 

Later that day, Bridgeport police say they received unconfirmed information about a homicide, and that “the body had been dumped outside the city in another town.”

In a wooded area in Oxford, about 30 miles north of Bridgeport, officers found the teen’s body. An autopsy determined the cause of death as strangulation and the manner of death as a homicide. 

Diante Willoughby of Bridgeport was taken into custody and he admitted to his involvement, according to police.

Nunes and Willoughby had known each other for several months. The investigation is still open.